It is safe to say we are all missing our fiber festivals this year. The fiber arts world had to quickly pivot to online festivals and events. Enter Fiberworld 2020.
Game developer, Kel Bachus, from Vermont has developed a wonderful new event for all of us in need of a dose of fiber friendship. Kel’s team includes a great group of artists and fiber enthusiasts to help build Fiberworld 2020.
During Fiberworld 2020, you can:
- Interact with vendors live in their virtual booths at the virtual Marketplace
- Virtual live classes with incredible instructors
- A Mainstage live stream of demos, lectures and panels on everything from sheep shearing to the politics of fiber
- Hosts providing interviews, auctions, games, and a fashion show
- Live chat with friends in virtual lounges and parties
The classes and vendor list both look great! I am very excited to try out this new virtual show.
It is safe to say this hasn’t exactly been an easy year for any of us, especially those who depend on fiber arts to make a living. I will say, however, I love how people are using their creative smarts and know-how to still create interesting places for all of us to join as a community and share our love for all things fiber!